CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Thursday, July 07, 2005

More on the Intel/Morgan Freeman deal

In today's NY Times piece, Morgan Freeman says:

"I live in Mississippi in a very small town. In order for me to see a first-run movie, I have to drive a couple of hours at a high rate of speed. For me, and many consumers like me, this will be a godsend. I will be able to get premium content safely and cheaply."

(And no one wants to force Morgan `Driving Miss Daisy' Freeman to exceed the speed limit.)

What this article doesn't talk about is how the new venture, ClickStar, will deal with the resistance of theater-owners to having movies they're showing also available for download on the Internet. So far, it seems like they will simply refuse to show such movies. Which makes you wonder: do ClickStar's founders have some secret strategy to avoid that problem? Or are they going to be producing original, download-only films?

Web site is at ClickStarInc.com. But not much detail there.

I'm staying tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home