CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Wednesday linkage: iTunes movie rentals, more opera on digital screens, 'Honeydripper' Q&A

- An Apple analyst suggests that the company may start renting movies on iTunes in 2008, and perhaps even delivering them directly to an AppleTV.

- Following the lead of the Metropolitan Opera, the San Francisco Opera is going to start transmitting pre-recorded operas to about 200 digital cinemas, starting in March. The plan is to do six a year. (The Met, by contrast, does live broadcasts to cinemas.)

- Jane Green of the blog Film Publicity Help has a Q&A with Maggie Renzi and John Sayles, who talk about the marketing and distribution of their latest film, 'Honeydripper.'

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

  • Hi Scott,

    You may not remember me, but we spoke at the Apple store in San Francisco. I told you about how I have been dreaming to start my own podcast. Well, I finally did it! This is the first video made by me and I will be making them daily for 2008 and beyond. It's people like you who have influenced me to do this and I want to say thank you and see what you think. You are someone I look up to as knowing a lot about all this.

    Be nice! I'm sure they will get a lot better.
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/sarahmeyers/videos/24/

    What I do to make this different is life cast an hour long show and then screen capture the live show that I edit after. The show streams on Justin.tv, Ustream.tv, Kyte.tv, and Mogulus.com and the 4 min clip cast will be uploaded to all video hosting sites.

    Best Regards and Thanks,

    Sarah Meyers
    http://popsnap.net

    By Blogger Sarah Meyers, at 11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home