CinemaTech
[ Digital cinema, democratization, and other trends remaking the movies ]

AD: Fans, Friends & Followers

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Talking Tech & the Movies, on KCRW

The folks who produce KCRW's weekly show "The Business" were nice enough to have me on this week (taped a week or two ago...) The show focuses on the movie industry (what other Business could there possibly be in LA?)

This week's edition has me talking about technology's role in the cinema, and the Science and Technology Academy Awards, handed out earlier this month.

And also some guy named Dean Devlin talking about his all-digital production pipeline for the new TNT show 'Leverage.'

You can listen to it or download it here.

I'm in LA for the rest of the week, and it's surprising me how many people listen to KCRW (an NPR affiliate based in Santa Monica.)

Oh, and one more self-promotional mention of Thursday evening's big event at USC. Free. See you there...

Labels: , , , ,

3 Comments:

  • I really wish I could go but I have class :( Hopefully some other time.

    Also, it's not just the movie business but TV as well as seen by the guy from Leverage. But yeah, what other business is there? At least if you put The in front of it.

    By Blogger Ashley Wysocki, at 12:10 AM  

  • Great interview! Your book sounds interesting too...

    By Blogger Jink, at 2:39 PM  

  • one of my favorites!!

    http://www.nyfa.com/film_school/programs/digitalfilmmaking/  

    By Blogger what the crust, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home